It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I edit a UserId?

Elena Ljuseva (18277) | asked Apr 14 '11, 9:05 a.m.
Hi,

I want to edit a user profile by using Team Concert Client. The field I want to modify is userId, the Change button is grey.
How is possible to make the Change button active?

Thank you,

Elena

3 answers

permanent link
Philippe Chevalier (56114) | answered Apr 14 '11, 2:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I want to edit a user profile by using Team Concert Client. The field I want to modify is userId, the Change button is grey.

Thank you,

Elena

This may not be possible, especially if the RTC JazzTeamServer is connected to an LDAP/Active Directory server, the user ID is bound to the configuration at the time the server was setup.

permanent link
Elena Ljuseva (18277) | answered Apr 18 '11, 4:27 a.m.
Hi,

LDAP is not activated, we are using Tomcat and I tried to Change UserId both from Web JazzUser Administration and from Jazz Team Concert client but not possible because Change button is grey. Jazz Team Server is not installed.

How is possible to make Change button active?

Br, Elena

Hi,

Thank you,

Elena

This may not be possible, especially if the RTC JazzTeamServer is connected to an LDAP/Active Directory server, the user ID is bound to the configuration at the time the server was setup.

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98010172140) | answered Apr 19 '11, 4:17 a.m.
Hi,

LDAP is not activated, we are using Tomcat and I tried to Change UserId both from Web JazzUser Administration and from Jazz Team Concert client but not possible because Change button is grey. Jazz Team Server is not installed.

How is possible to make Change button active?

Br, Elena

You can edit the tomcat-users.xml file, but as I figured, real userId is collected from database table, and even if you change userId through tomcat-users.xml, you won't change the userId on JazzTeamServer. Only change which you can notify is that current user doesn't exist in tomcat user database anymore, if you really changed his userId.

Regards,

Hi,

Thank you,

Elena

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.