It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unresolved files handling while accepting changes

Yaron Norani (47267065) | asked Apr 13 '11, 10:16 a.m.
Hello,

I have a repository workspace with unresolved files.
I am trying to accept change.
I am alerted to perform checkin prior accepting the change.

Lets say that same unresolved file also included within the accepted changeset.
1. What happens if I will not checkin prior to accept. will I be alerted for that ? loose local change?

What if the user does not want to make checkin to all files? Is there an option to only checkin the relevant files that included within the accepted changeset?

The scenario is: user have 20-30 files as unresolved. Does not want to checkin yet, but wants to be able to accept changes.

2 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Apr 13 '11, 10:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

I have a repository workspace with unresolved files.
I am trying to accept change.
I am alerted to perform checkin prior accepting the change.

Lets say that same unresolved file also included within the accepted changeset.
1. What happens if I will not checkin prior to accept. will I be alerted for that ? loose local change?

What if the user does not want to make checkin to all files? Is there an option to only checkin the relevant files that included within the accepted changeset?

The scenario is: user have 20-30 files as unresolved. Does not want to checkin yet, but wants to be able to accept changes.
If there is an unresolved change that needs merging with an incoming change that you're accepting, your changes will be lost. This is why the dialog asks that you check-in your files before accepting.

I would check-in your changes first. It's ok to check-in changes that aren't quite ready for delivery. It won't interfere with anybody else's work until you deliver the change set and somebody accepts your change set (or they collaborate with your workspace and accept).

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Apr 13 '11, 10:35 a.m.
Thanks,

Can I be directed which files are needed to be "saved" (checkin), so I will not perform checkin to all?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.