It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BF 7.1.2.2 - behavior change is not acceptable

Steve Scivally (1143) | asked Apr 11 '11, 5:01 p.m.
What was the justification for changing the 'continue on fail' functionality to continue executing additional commands in the same step?

These seems very problematic, especially within our build process... I have a set of steps that are each dynamically generated and run threaded, up to 6 at a time; how do I use the suggested method of adding a separate step for the second command when it is specifically related to the step it was part of and may or may not run next?

3 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Apr 11 '11, 11:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What was the justification for changing the 'continue on fail' functionality to continue executing additional commands in the same step?

These seems very problematic, especially within our build process... I have a set of steps that are each dynamically generated and run threaded, up to 6 at a time; how do I use the suggested method of adding a separate step for the second command when it is specifically related to the step it was part of and may or may not run next?

Hi Steve,

It sounds like you ran into this defect.

https://jazz.net/jazz08/web/projects/Rational%20Build%20Forge#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=21055

The defect comments have a great description. Essentially, it appears there will be a sys config to choose whether to continue the step part on fail or not.

Brent Ulbricht
Developer/Lead - RTC Build

permanent link
Steve Scivally (1143) | answered Apr 25 '11, 9:28 a.m.
Looks like that is the fix, though I don't see iFix1 available anywhere :(

permanent link
Robert haig (1.0k16) | answered Apr 25 '11, 11:07 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Looks like that is the fix, though I don't see iFix1 available anywhere :(

It is scheduled to be released soon.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.