It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What Permission is needed for .retag in 7.1.2

Jeffrey Gordon (961310) | asked Apr 01 '11, 3:49 p.m.
Using BF 7.1.2.

What permission value is needed for a user to be able to run a step with .retag? I have a user with "Operator" type permissions and when they run my project the step with .retag is skipped.

I think in earlier versions there was a specific permission for this but with 7.1.2 numerous Permissions have been removed.

One answer

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Apr 04 '11, 10:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Using BF 7.1.2.

What permission value is needed for a user to be able to run a step with .retag? I have a user with "Operator" type permissions and when they run my project the step with .retag is skipped.

I think in earlier versions there was a specific permission for this but with 7.1.2 numerous Permissions have been removed.

Hi,

I don't think this is related to .retag. The dot commands rarely have their own permissions. The only two that I know are the .lock and .unlock which need permissions 'LockBuild' and 'UnlockBuild', respectively. To test this theory, you might just alter your step to remove the .retag and see if it still gets skipped. It might just be that the step has a different access group set than the project.

Brent Ulbricht
Developer/Lead - RTC Build

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.