It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Disable project tags

qiu saphen (27126039) | asked Mar 31 '11, 8:56 a.m.
I want to disable tags, for it is not useful for me, it is redundant.
How can I do that?

4 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Mar 31 '11, 8:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I want to disable tags, for it is not useful for me, it is redundant.
How can I do that?

Hi,

Could you describe your scenario more? I just want to make sure that we have the same meaning of tags.

Brent Ulbricht
Developer/Lead - RTC Build

permanent link
qiu saphen (27126039) | answered Apr 01 '11, 2:24 a.m.
The tag I think is not useful.

For example:
I create a project named "tomcat", and default tag will be BUILD_1, and the path will be as below:
/home/test/bfwork/tomcat/BUILD_1

I don't want to add BUILD_1 to the path, I just need the source code will be loaded into '/home/test/bfwork/tomcat/', but I have no selection to do this, I have to add the tag into path.

I think the tag is useful for someone who want to track every build's status, but I don't want to track that and it will have many BUILD_* folders on the server which I have to deleted manually. If I can disable tag, I can maintain one build folder and shorter path.

So that's why I want you to improve, let's make it agile.

permanent link
Lewis Tsao (2174963) | answered Apr 01 '11, 6:38 a.m.
The tag I think is not useful.

For example:
I create a project named "tomcat", and default tag will be BUILD_1, and the path will be as below:
/home/test/bfwork/tomcat/BUILD_1

I don't want to add BUILD_1 to the path, I just need the source code will be loaded into '/home/test/bfwork/tomcat/', but I have no selection to do this, I have to add the tag into path.

I think the tag is useful for someone who want to track every build's status, but I don't want to track that and it will have many BUILD_* folders on the server which I have to deleted manually. If I can disable tag, I can maintain one build folder and shorter path.

So that's why I want you to improve, let's make it agile.

Investigate "absolute path"

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Apr 01 '11, 8:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I agree with the suggestion by Lewis. It sounds like you should set your steps to use 'Absolute' path instead of 'Relative' and then it will not automatically add the build tag to your step path.

Brent Ulbricht
Developer/Lead - RTC Build

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.