It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a bug in the changing mutiple fields via a work ite

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Mar 27 '11, 3:45 p.m.
I have a query that shows me 222 items. I select all 222 items and then right-click on a column and select Change <insert> (in my case, Change Target Release) and then select which release to change it to. It works for a few minutes and stop. The assumption is that all 222 items should now be changed. I rerun the query, expect to see 0 items. However, it shows me 100.

Is there some limit to how many it will change at a time?

Susan Hanson

2 answers

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Mar 27 '11, 3:51 p.m.
or is it a bug in the selections ... I did another query, shows 474 work items. I selected the first 1, scrolled to the bottom and did shift-click on the last one .. should have selected 474 items, but the comment at the bottom says "193 work items selected". I reran the query after making the change and I now get 281 items ... which is the 474 minus the 193 it says was selected. I did the same click top, scroll, shift-click the last, and sure enough, only 105 items are selected. I tried Edit -> Select All and now I get all 281. So then why does my click the first row, scroll down an do shift+click on last one select them all??

I have a query that shows me 222 items. I select all 222 items and then right-click on a column and select Change <insert> (in my case, Change Target Release) and then select which release to change it to. It works for a few minutes and stop. The assumption is that all 222 items should now be changed. I rerun the query, expect to see 0 items. However, it shows me 100.

Susan Hanson

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Apr 04 '11, 5:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Susan,

this sounds weird and I'd consider writing a work item. The operations are called bulk operations. I can't test since I don't have that mass of test data. Also, please provide the client you are using.

Thanks,

Ralph

Susan Hanson

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.