It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

after upgrade BFException[0]: Secondary token mis-match

Toby Rahilly (2621) | asked Mar 18 '11, 2:56 a.m.
After upgrading from 7.1.1.1 to 7.1.2.1

When accessing the build forge website from a remote computer, a lot of actions such as saving settings and starting jobs results in a 200 response from the server but with the error

BFException: Secondary token mis-match

The action is also not performed.

When the website is access from the host machine itself, it works fine.

I am hosting on windows xp sp3 with db2 using the tomcat included in the install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers
Toby

Comments
eric yang commented May 15 '14, 9:29 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

make sure that your disk space has sufficient space.  especially the disk that BF is installed

9 answers

permanent link
Toby Rahilly (2621) | answered Mar 22 '11, 2:25 a.m.
I have resolved this issue by clearing the client browsers cookies and cache.

permanent link
Jaeson Bennett (563) | answered Aug 31 '11, 2:48 a.m.

When accessing the build forge website from a remote computer, a lot of actions such as saving settings and starting jobs results in a 200 response from the server but with the error

I am hosting on windows xp sp3 with db2 using the tomcat included in the install.

Cheers
Toby

This is caused by the following defect found in 7.1.2.x:

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-build-forge/releases/7.1.3?p=releasenotes

It has been resolved in 7.1.3, which is now out.
See:

permanent link
Jaeson Bennett (563) | answered Aug 31 '11, 2:49 a.m.
Note that usually closing the window and opening a new one allows you to continue working.

permanent link
Scott Bybee (6) | answered Sep 22 '11, 3:54 a.m.

Cheers
Toby

See:

Hi I have a similar problem, I think you had a typo when pointing to the defect as the link is same in both cases. Can you point out the defect?

In my cse I've done a fresh install of RAF 3.0 and am encounting this issue with the bundled BF. Basically I can't perform any save action in the BF console without getting this "Secondary token mis-match" mismatch error.

I've cleared local cache, tried a different browser even tried from a fresh machine so not sure it's a browser issue...unfortunately I'm not seeing anything in the logs nor in my searches on the internet.

Thanks,
Scott

permanent link
eric yang (41) | answered Oct 15 '11, 11:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
According to my experience, You'd better do your work in one tab, don't open many tab to load the buildforge

Cheers
Toby

See:

Hi I have a similar problem, I think you had a typo when pointing to the defect as the link is same in both cases. Can you point out the defect?

In my cse I've done a fresh install of RAF 3.0 and am encounting this issue with the bundled BF. Basically I can't perform any save action in the BF console without getting this "Secondary token mis-match" mismatch error.

I've cleared local cache, tried a different browser even tried from a fresh machine so not sure it's a browser issue...unfortunately I'm not seeing anything in the logs nor in my searches on the internet.

Thanks,
Scott

permanent link
Derrick Swinarsky (5633) | answered Apr 10 '12, 11:35 a.m.
Having the same issue, but with RAF 3.0.0.2 which uses 7.1.3.2-0106. Not sure what is causing it, but definitely not cache as I have switched browsers and cleared cache with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

permanent link
eric yang (41) | answered Apr 12 '12, 2:35 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
this issue is caused by security consideration.
You'd better open only one tab to do your action.

Fro security issue, we execute the strict check to avoid CSRF

Cheers
Toby

permanent link
Derrick Swinarsky (5633) | answered Apr 18 '12, 4:43 p.m.
My issue is also definitely not dealing with tabs as I only have a single tab open. For background, I have SSL turned on for everything, have created my own self-signed keys. Everything was working, and then I uninstalled 3.0.0.1 and installed 3.0.0.2. Using the same database and keys that were working before. Also, none of the logs are showing any errors?

Cheers
Toby

permanent link
Derrick Swinarsky (5633) | answered May 01 '12, 3:53 p.m.
My issue ending up being some odd anomaly during installation. My template_c directory did not get populated with any files during installation and this was causing the issues I was having. When I copied the template_c contents over from my 3.0.0.1 install everything began working again.

My issue is also definitely not dealing with tabs as I only have a single tab open. For background, I have SSL turned on for everything, have created my own self-signed keys. Everything was working, and then I uninstalled 3.0.0.1 and installed 3.0.0.2. Using the same database and keys that were working before. Also, none of the logs are showing any errors?

Cheers
Toby

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.