It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has this been fixed in RTC 3

David Davies (20612713) | asked Mar 16 '11, 6:34 p.m.
Hi guys

Just moving from RTC 2 to 3 in the next few weeks and hard as I look I can't find much information on the improved LDAP features...

In RTC 2 we have integrated it with Active Directory 2003 and have experienced two main problems. It doesn't support nest groups when mapping to roles - this is not a huge problem but it would be very nice to have it.

A more serious problem is that even if we set the user account password to never expire, if a user doesn't log in for about 4 weeks, the user can't log into RTC. The AD account is fine and unlocked. If we reset the password , all is well. Any ideas????

Many thanks

David

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 17 '11, 7:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi guys

Just moving from RTC 2 to 3 in the next few weeks and hard as I look I can't find much information on the improved LDAP features...

In RTC 2 we have integrated it with Active Directory 2003 and have experienced two main problems. It doesn't support nest groups when mapping to roles - this is not a huge problem but it would be very nice to have it.

A more serious problem is that even if we set the user account password to never expire, if a user doesn't log in for about 4 weeks, the user can't log into RTC. The AD account is fine and unlocked. If we reset the password , all is well. Any ideas????

Many thanks

David

Hi David

I don't believe the nested groups situation has changed but it is worth having a look for work items in case it has.

I am not aware of anything in RTC that would cause the password to expire. I would check your app server and AD setup first.

anthony

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Mar 17 '11, 11:53 a.m.
Hi guys

Many thanks

David

Hi David,

My company has recently been looking into using nested groups as well, and we found that RTC 3 doesn't currently support nested groups. The only option we could find was to manually map all of the nested groups to the same RTC role (e.g. JazzUsers=group1;group2;group3).

Be aware that Tomcat does not support mapping multiple groups, so if you were to go with this option you'd have to run on WebSphere.

Regards,

Jared

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.