It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Personal dashboard is not saved

Mirek Rzadkowski (46285) | asked Mar 16 '11, 11:01 a.m.
I make changes to my Personal Dashboard in RTC 3. I save changes but then I navigate to other pages in RTC, and when I come back to my dashboard it is reset to a default one I lose all my modifications. Does anyone know what I am missing?

4 answers

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Mar 16 '11, 11:26 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please navigate to the JTS admin Web UI and check your user account and verify that:
- You have a valid (non-expired) license assigned
- You have the JazzUsers or JazzAdmins repository role

If you have both of these, then please check the JTS server log (jts.log) for errors relating to either dashboards or JFS storage.

If there are none, please reproduce the error with Web tooling enabled in your browser that can see outgoing requests (e.g. Firebug for Firefox), and look for a failing request like this:

PUT /jts/dashboards/123

The response code and body should provide more info here.

permanent link
Mirek Rzadkowski (46285) | answered Mar 17 '11, 5:19 a.m.
Please navigate to the JTS admin Web UI and check your user account and verify that:

If you have both of these, then please check the JTS server log (jts.log) for errors relating to either dashboards or JFS storage.

If there are none, please reproduce the error with Web tooling enabled in your browser that can see outgoing requests (e.g. Firebug for Firefox), and look for a failing request like this:

PUT /jts/dashboards/123

Hi Curtis,
I've checked all but the last suggestion.
All is configured correctly and no errors to the log file.
One thing though: I'm using Safari v5.0.4 on mac os x 10.6.6. Yes, it does say at the bottom of RTC screens "unsupported browser". It say the same in Firefox v4 RC.
Is this an issue perhaps?

permanent link
Mirek Rzadkowski (46285) | answered Mar 17 '11, 9:38 p.m.

PUT /jts/dashboards/123

Hi Curtis,
I've checked all but the last suggestion.
All is configured correctly and no errors to the log file.
One thing though: I'm using Safari v5.0.4 on mac os x 10.6.6. Yes, it does say at the bottom of RTC screens "unsupported browser". It say the same in Firefox v4 RC.
Is this an issue perhaps?

The modifications I make to the Personal Dashboard are not properly saved.

I make the customisations in Firefox v4 RC and save them, then also turn auto-save on. Then I will open my Personal Dashboard in Safari v5.04 and I get the default / empty dashboard.

The error I'm getting in Firefox Error Console is this:
Error: no element
Source File: https://chooyu.local:9443/jts/dashboards/21?contentType=application%2Frdf%25xml

Not sure if this is relevant to the problem I'm experiencing with the Personal Dashboard ... but it's the only error in the console.

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Mar 21 '11, 12:19 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the info. I've tried it on a 3.0 ifix1 server with both FF4 RC2 and Safari 5.0.4 on Windows XP, and didn't run into any problems, so I don't think it's browser specific. It seems to be a server-side problem. Are you running the server on your mac as well?

One more question - does it happen for all your personal dashboards or just one? i.e. if you create a new one, does it happen there too?

To debug this, I need you to:

- Open safari on your personal dashboard
- Open the Web Inspector via Develop menu -> Show Web Inspector, or Ctrl-Alt-I (at least on Windows).
- Open the Resources pane, click Enable Resource Tracking
- Click XHR to show only XHRs
- Make a change to the dashboard, e.g. drag and drop a viewlet to move it
- Scroll to the bottom of the Resources tab and find the last request (e.g. "123 /jts/dashboards")

If you could provide me the Headers and Content tab contents from the request, this would help a lot. You can blank out any sensitive information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.