It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to excute RAFW command to a server in the DMZ?

John Wang (1011612) | asked Mar 11 '11, 4:35 p.m.
My customer wants to use BF/RAFW to deploy J2EE applications to the deployment manager sits in the DMZ. There is a intermediate server with 2 NICs between the DMZ and intranet. To access the servers in the internet, users usually ssh'd to the intermediate server and then another ssh'd to the deployment manager.

Which is best way to do this using RAFW?

1) Open the port in the firewall for the SSH. protocol? This way RAFW's RXA can connect to the server.

2) Install the BFAgeint on the intermediate server with RAFW framework files.

I have asked the Rational tech sales this questions, they haven't get back to me yet. I wonder if someone has encounter this yet.

Thanks

4 answers

permanent link
David Brauneis (50611) | answered Mar 11 '11, 6:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
My customer wants to use BF/RAFW to deploy J2EE applications to the deployment manager sits in the DMZ. There is a intermediate server with 2 NICs between the DMZ and intranet. To access the servers in the internet, users usually ssh'd to the intermediate server and then another ssh'd to the deployment manager.

Which is best way to do this using RAFW?

1) Open the port in the firewall for the SSH. protocol? This way RAFW's RXA can connect to the server.

2) Install the BFAgeint on the intermediate server with RAFW framework files.

I have asked the Rational tech sales this questions, they haven't get back to me yet. I wonder if someone has encounter this yet.

Thanks

In my opinion, the best way would be to open a port in the firewall for SSH (preferably not the default port) so that RAFW's RXA service can connect. I would also suggest to use public/private keys rather than just the userid/password if they are extremely security conscious.

Regards,
David

permanent link
John Wang (1011612) | answered Mar 14 '11, 5:04 p.m.
Thanks David, I'll explore the option of having a port open for the ssh connection.

permanent link
John Wang (1011612) | answered Apr 25 '11, 10:21 a.m.
I want to use RAFW scripting framework for non-Websphere environment, but it takes a while for IBM development to catchup. Is there any documentation to extend the RAFW with RAX support for other platforms DB2, Datapower, and other 3-party middlewares?

permanent link
Paul Meharg (21) | answered May 08 '11, 7:50 p.m.
I want to use RAFW scripting framework for non-Websphere environment, but it takes a while for IBM development to catchup. Is there any documentation to extend the RAFW with RAX support for other platforms DB2, Datapower, and other 3-party middlewares?

Hi John,
There is documentation in the infocenter on extending RAFW to execute your custom actions. Here is a link to that documentation.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rafwhelp/v7r1m2/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rafw.common.doc/topics/c_ca_custom_action_reference_top.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.