It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAFW and WebSphere Cloudburst

Laura Venturini (661138) | asked Jun 28 '10, 11:35 a.m.
Hi all,
I'm trying to configure the integration between RAFW and WebSphere Cloudburst appliance, but it's not so clear to me how to proceed.
I've followed the Infocenter document: I've executed the script IntegrateToBF.bat createIntegrationArtifacts wca on RAFW side, then added the script package and dedicated pattern on WCA side. I've also deployed the pattern on the cloudburst (and I can see that the virtual system has been generated), but now I don't know how to aware RAFW that a cloudburst envirnment is present and how to manage/update the virtual system from RAFW console.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions
Laura

One answer

permanent link
Timothy Robertson (216143) | answered Jun 30 '10, 4:28 p.m.
The docs in the link below are an important part of the WCA/RAFW linkage.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rafwhelp/v7r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rafw.common.doc/topics/t_wca_deploy_pattern.html

When you deploy a pattern you will want to Configure the virtual parts in the WCA UI. The RAFW_AUTOMATION_PLAN corresponds to a BF project name that should be run. As stated in the docs, if the combination of RAFW_ENVIRONMENT and the cell name are unique, when the RAFW script package calls back to the BF/RAFW server it will create a new definition for the cell. If the combination is not unique we will update the RAFW Environment with the new node names/IP addrs. The script package will also launch the BF project specified in the rafw automation plan field.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.