It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to launch Build Specification Editor for i in RTC 3.0 ?

Joseph Chang (1552319) | asked Mar 07 '11, 12:45 a.m.
I want to build RPG/COBOL with RTC 3.0 ibm i build sepcification. I have install RTC 3.0+ RDP 8.0.

In RTC 2.0.0.2 +RDP 7.6, I can launch the build specification editor by right click i Project and select build specifictaion item. But in RTC 3.0 the function is disappear. Does it still required in RTC 3.0 for ibm i build? How can I find the function?

2 answers

permanent link
James Cole (9532630) | answered Mar 07 '11, 9:26 a.m.
I want to build RPG/COBOL with RTC 3.0 ibm i build sepcification. I have install RTC 3.0+ RDP 8.0.

In RTC 2.0.0.2 +RDP 7.6, I can launch the build specification editor by right click i Project and select build specifictaion item. But in RTC 3.0 the function is disappear. Does it still required in RTC 3.0 for ibm i build? How can I find the function?

Hi Joseph,

I have found it the same in RDP 8 and RTC 3.0.

Are you right-clicking the project from the i projects navigator view?

James

permanent link
Joseph Chang (1552319) | answered Mar 07 '11, 10:37 a.m.

Hi Joseph,

I have found it the same in RDP 8 and RTC 3.0.

Are you right-clicking the project from the i projects navigator view?

James

Hi James,

My "Open Build Specification" function comes back now. The reason is I install RDP before RTC. So the "RTC cleint integration for i" feature is not enabled. I launch installation manager and use modify fuction to enable the feature. The issue is gone.

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.