It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

No Adapters are registered when running testcase

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Mar 04 '11, 7:29 p.m.
I'm using RQM 3.0 M12. I've started my RFT Adapter on my remote machine and it appears with status Green in the Adapter console. However, when I attempt to run a testcase the Machine input box is empty and editing shows no machines either. I also see the error msg:

No Adapters are registered, test cannot proceed

Where do I register the Adapter?

Also, are there instructions on how to run the RFT scripts on remote machines? Does RFT need to be up on the Remote Machine prior to running the test or should we close it? I've looked through the RQM Help but can't find anything on it.

Thanks,

2 answers

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Mar 06 '11, 10:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume you are using RFT 8.2 or higher, as that's the only version that can connect to RQM 3.0.

The message you referenced "No Adapters are registered", is shown when you are trying to execute a script who's type does not match the type of any adapters shown in the Adapter Console. For example, if I created and tried to run a script who's type is Command-line, but I only have RFT adapters showing in the Adapter console. Then I would get this message.

If the Adapter Console shows the adapter type as Rational Functional Tester and when you run the test case the script you select is of type Functional Tester, and you still get this dialog. Then you need to file a defect in the RQM project area.

I just tried a basic RFT script with RQM M13 and it seemed to work as expected.

In reference to documentation, these links maybe useful:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_work_with_rft.html

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rfthelp/v8r2/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.ft.doc/topics/c_understand_rft_rqm.html

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Mar 09 '11, 3:44 a.m.
Thanks Kurtis.

I installed RFT 8.2 on the same server as RQM, configured the Adapter, and RQM read it and showed it as a valid machine to choose from when running a testcase as expected.

So my problem seems to be with remote machines that have RFT installed. I can get the adapter to connect to our Project Area successfully and show up Green in the Adapter console, but running a test won't show them as valid machines. This only works when the adapter is local.

Does RQM communicate differently with remote systems when running with RFT compared to just starting the Adapter? I would assume if the Adapter connects then RQM should be able to use the Remote system and not just the local system.

Does defining the machine in the Test Lab Manager affect this at all? I created Machine entries for these servers and used the Remote Desktop option. What about userid/password for Remote Desktop? Does the login for the server connecting to need to match RQM login/password?

Thanks,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.