It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 2.0 Project Performance Issue for 5000+ TestCase

Karthikeyan R (1632) | asked Nov 26 '09, 7:55 a.m.
I have RQM v2.0 server installed in RHEL 5.3 with WAS 6.1.0.25 and DB2 WG 9.5.0.4a.
I am facing performance issue while accessing a project Area having more than 5500+ TestCase and 5500+ TestScript. Other Project Areas in the same server having 500+ TestCases/Script don't have this issue.
The above said Project Area taking more than 30 Second to Load the Test Case/Script to View, while other Projects taking 5-8 seconds.
Could you please tell me if number of Test Cases would be an issue in Performance.
Please share your experience on the similar problems and Solution for the same.

2 answers

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Nov 26 '09, 10:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I recommend moving to 2.0.0.1 if you have not already. There were some major server-side performance enhancements implemented in this release specific to the handling of high numbers of assets.

permanent link
Karthikeyan R (1632) | answered Nov 30 '09, 2:42 a.m.
I recommend moving to 2.0.0.1 if you have not already. There were some major server-side performance enhancements implemented in this release specific to the handling of high numbers of assets.

There is no improvement in RQM performance, but it has degraded.

We checked performance for these 3 actions and the time taken are.

<1> Logging into RQM takes around 30-40 seconds.

<2> View a Test Plan which has 6000 TC's is taking around 2.5 minutes to load the testplan.

<3> And when testcase link is clicked in the above testplan, it takes around 2 minutes to load the testcases.

There is no improvement related to performance in RQM V 2.0.0.1, infact it has degraded.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.