It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is <ns2:stateid> in execution result feed?

Yaqian Fang (2013223) | asked Mar 02 '11, 7:07 p.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to create execution result feed externally in XML and then use the URL utility to upload it to RQM. While I was populating the fields in an execution result, I'm not sure what to put for stateid field.

I had a look at some existing execution records:
ns2:stateid>_I9PKEzbkEd-Hbt_es8WUYg</ns2>
ns2:stateid>_IcxMc0LREeCDh8JnIOV3nw</ns2>
So my question is how is the stateid generated and what does it mean? If I want to create a value it, how should I do that?

Thank you.

5 answers

permanent link
Yaqian Fang (2013223) | answered Mar 06 '11, 5:43 p.m.
Any one can help?

Hi,

I'm trying to create execution result feed externally in XML and then use the URL utility to upload it to RQM. While I was populating the fields in an execution result, I'm not sure what to put for stateid field.

So my question is how is the stateid generated and what does it mean? If I want to create a value it, how should I do that?

Thank you.

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Mar 06 '11, 7:48 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Thank you.

See http://jazz.net/projects/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-2.0/api-files/schemas/qm_xsd/elements/stateid.html (linked from http://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi) for the stateid definition. Within execution results, the stateid property is deprecated (see http://jazz.net/projects/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-2.0/) and not required for PUT/POSTing execution results.

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Mar 06 '11, 10:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Every time an execution result is modified a new "state" is created and it has a stateId. Typically customers never see or think about the stateId. However internally one of the uses of stateId is to prevent one client from getting a resource, then posting that resource and overwriting changes that could have been made by another client after the first GET was done.

Basically, if you did a GET on a resource and someone else updates it, a new stateId is generated. So when you do the PUT to update the resource the stateId you pass from your original GET wouldn't match the current stateId and an exception will be thrown.

The stateId is optional and if you do not specify it when updating the resource, the resource will be updated regardless if a second client changed it, since your original GET.

permanent link
Yaqian Fang (2013223) | answered Mar 07 '11, 11:08 p.m.
thank you for your help!

permanent link
Yaqian Fang (2013223) | answered Mar 07 '11, 11:09 p.m.
Is there a guide or documention on what fields in each test artifact are required and what are optional?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.