It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multiple work item change (cool hidden feature) doesn't work

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Mar 02 '11, 2:51 p.m.
I was reading this article: http://jazz.net/library/article/534/

and i LOVE the "cool hidden feature" that allows you to change multiple work items at a single time. I've tested this on both 2.0 and 3.0 and see about the same thing (using Eclipse client). However, I find that it works for:
Severity
Priority
Owned By
Created By

but not
Found In
Summary
SOME of our custom attributes that we have added, but not all, since some of my custom attributes show up.

When I do the eclipse client, I run the query, highlight hte rows, right-click. Found In (which is the main one we want) is NOT showing up in the context menu.

Am I doing something wrong? I didn't see any limitations in the document, nor could I find a specific trend as to what worked and what didn't.

Susan

One answer

permanent link
Fiona Lamont (1642) | answered Mar 22 '11, 2:15 p.m.
I noticed that I couldn't use this feature with fields like tags, where I could add one tag in one work item, and have two tags in another work item. I am wondering whether the content of the field must be "predefined" before it can be changed, i.e you are able to change from one known value to another known value (for example, from one planned for value to another, but you couldn't just type in a new value)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.