It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Step loaded with .load executes but no step logs produced

Jeffrey Gordon (961310) | asked Feb 24 '11, 9:11 a.m.
Using BF 7.1.2 and the .load command to dynamically create a step. The .load command succeeds (1 step loaded) and the new step executes successfully. There's even a step following the loaded step and it executes successfully.

Here's the problem: There are no step logs produced for the loaded step. I know it executes because all does is "touch myfile" and "myfile" does in fact exist in the job path on the agent server.

Anyone else experienced this issue where there are no step logs produced when a loaded step executes?

3 answers

permanent link
Robert haig (1.0k16) | answered Feb 25 '11, 11:14 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Using BF 7.1.2 and the .load command to dynamically create a step. The .load command succeeds (1 step loaded) and the new step executes successfully. There's even a step following the loaded step and it executes successfully.

Here's the problem: There are no step logs produced for the loaded step. I know it executes because all does is "touch myfile" and "myfile" does in fact exist in the job path on the agent server.

Anyone else experienced this issue where there are no step logs produced when a loaded step executes?

I've not seen this happen. If there is no step log at all (even the env var setup) then you may have something that needs support attention and should open a PMR.

permanent link
Jeffrey Gordon (961310) | answered Feb 25 '11, 12:16 p.m.
I do have a PMR in progress. The current reccomendation is to upgrade to 7.1.2 ifix 1. However, while I wait for our infrastructure team to get to that I thought I would query other BF users.

permanent link
Jeffrey Gordon (961310) | answered Mar 31 '11, 3:21 p.m.
Resolved: It must have been something to do with the state of my BF environment. The BF servers have been cycled recently and this problem no longer occurs.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.