It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Modify User ID and Name

Jason Batliner (66186) | asked Feb 23 '11, 10:04 p.m.
We use RTC 2.0 , RRC 2.0 and RQM 2.0. All three are tied to LDAP for user authentication. I have a user that has been married and wishes for us to modify her userID and Password. It is easy enough to do in LDAP but I am not sure what will happen within the Jazz tools once we modify the user ID. Has anyone successfully updated a userID? Is there a proper process to accomplish this?

One answer

permanent link
benjamin diz alvarez (811) | answered Mar 07 '11, 1:06 p.m.
Hi Jason,

I took a look around and found this work around for you. Normally, this is used for RTC alone, so you may want to set up a test environment with your CLM and try it before hand.

To change your user ID or Name:

a.. Update the user id field in the LDAP user directory
b.. Go to advanced configuration page in the web UI (https://serverName:9443/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureAdvanced)
c.. Change the "User Registry Type" property to "UNSUPPORTED"
d.. Open the user record in the Web UI or the Eclipse UI.
e.. Since we are using Unsupported user registry, the Jazz web UI or the Eclipse UI would allow you to update the user id information
f.. Change the user id of the user to the new value
g.. Change the user directory back to "LDAP".

To change your user password:

- Assuming user account is "UserA"
- Modify the "UserA" with "JazzAdmin" Repository Permission right.
- Login with the username, "UserA" and password, "UserA".
- In the User Management, select "UserA".
- You shall see the "Change Password" enabled.
- Clicked on the "Change password" button and enter with the changed password.
- Then disable the "JazzAdmin" Repository Permission right and assign with the rightful rights of "UserA".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.