It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannont See Scrum Sprints in Main Development Plan

Douglas Less (61) | asked Jan 12 '10, 1:22 p.m.
I am a newbie to RTC, but am a Scrum Master asked to use RTC to manage a development project. I am having trouble seeing (anywhere) the Sprint Plans I created with a Release.

I created Epic work items and assigned them to the Backlog for the Release 1 Plan.

Each Epic is broken down into Story work items assigned to Sprint Plans (1 through 4) for the Release 1. However, the Sprint Plans are not visible in the "Planned For" drop down box.

The only Sprint Plan that shows up in the Team Artifacts view under Release 1 is Sprint 4. Where are Sprints 1 through 3?? All were created in the same manner, but 1-3 do not show up in the Team Artifacts and none show up in the "Planned For" dropdown.

I need to get assignments and conducting Scrum meetings ASAP, but cannot see the plans to even begin reporting...

Help!!

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 12 '10, 2:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

can you please check if for the sprints you are missing "A release is scheduled for this iteration." is checked in the iteration properties?
If not, they will not show up in the plan neither will you be able to plan for them.

I'd also check they have actually dates set.

Ralph

I am a newbie to RTC, but am a Scrum Master asked to use RTC to manage a development project. I am having trouble seeing (anywhere) the Sprint Plans I created with a Release.

I created Epic work items and assigned them to the Backlog for the Release 1 Plan.

Each Epic is broken down into Story work items assigned to Sprint Plans (1 through 4) for the Release 1. However, the Sprint Plans are not visible in the "Planned For" drop down box.

The only Sprint Plan that shows up in the Team Artifacts view under Release 1 is Sprint 4. Where are Sprints 1 through 3?? All were created in the same manner, but 1-3 do not show up in the Team Artifacts and none show up in the "Planned For" dropdown.

I need to get assignments and conducting Scrum meetings ASAP, but cannot see the plans to even begin reporting...

Help!!

permanent link
Douglas Less (61) | answered Jan 12 '10, 3:30 p.m.
Yes, they are flagged as having a release and they do have actual dates with Sprint 1 starting today through next Monday. Only Sprint four (four weeks from now is showing up).

Hi,

can you please check if for the sprints you are missing "A release is scheduled for this iteration." is checked in the iteration properties?
If not, they will not show up in the plan neither will you be able to plan for them.

I'd also check they have actually dates set.

Ralph

Help!!

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 12 '10, 5:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Help!!

Hi Douglas

Can you also confirm what version of RTC you are using, and any idea which version of RTC was used to create the project? There is a new Scrum project template in 2.0.0.2, we just need to work out which template you are using.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.