It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to get username and workspace name from a personal build

Scott Chapman (3216547) | asked Feb 23 '11, 2:50 p.m.
I am starting up a personal build server for my team, and want to be able to publish build artifacts to a server.

Ideally I would like to publish artifacts to directory structures that include the build requesters name, and the workspace name.

But these are not present in the build.properties file that gets created.

Is there some other mechanism?

4 answers

permanent link
Constance Shutt (1611) | answered Feb 27 '11, 8:01 a.m.
Bump ...

I too would like to be able to get the name or userID of the requester.

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Feb 28 '11, 9:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Bump ...

I too would like to be able to get the name or userID of the requester.

Hi Constance,

There is an enhancement work item (link below) that contains some comments on this feature. Please add any additional information/scenarios to the work item to help clarify your needs.

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/103635

Brent Ulbricht
Developer/Lead - RTC Build

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Feb 28 '11, 10:16 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I also see we have this work item open (shown below). It has a sample ant task that you can use to retrieve the user id.
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/65619

I have not tested it myself however.

permanent link
Constance Shutt (1611) | answered Mar 07 '11, 12:37 p.m.
I am stuck again. I think I have a brain cramp brought on by lack of experience with Ant.

I have previously had success with several of the Ant tasks from the Ant build toolkit, but now I can't seem to get a task working for the sample def. (the work item attachment). I am using command line builds that call out to the Ant toolkit.

I am starting to wonder if this works only with personal builds. I understand that there is a property defined automatically if it's a personal build, not sure about a regular build. Also, I have been using tasks that "push" info (logs and artifacts) back to the RTC repository. In this case, I want to "pull" the user ID from RTC to JBE and use it as a session variable.

Anyone have any ideas?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.