It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.0.0.2 with PHP

Milan Krivic (98010172140) | asked Feb 23 '11, 4:35 a.m.
Hi,

I installed RTC 2.0.0.2 ifix3, and went to Help->Software Updates->Find and Install, and I downloaded PDT all-in-one tools for eclipse 3.4.2. I successfully installed these plugins, and I was asked to restart eclipse workspace. After that, I can't start up eclipse anymore.

Does anyone have any experience with PHP and RTC together in Eclipse?

Regards,

6 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Feb 23 '11, 7:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I installed RTC 2.0.0.2 ifix3, and went to Help->Software Updates->Find and Install, and I downloaded PDT all-in-one tools for eclipse 3.4.2. I successfully installed these plugins, and I was asked to restart eclipse workspace. After that, I can't start up eclipse anymore.

Regards,

Not tried PDT but try starting eclipse from scratch with the -clean option. This forces all the plugins to be re-read and see if that helps.

anthony

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98010172140) | answered Feb 25 '11, 6:47 a.m.
Hi,

Regards,

Not tried PDT but try starting eclipse from scratch with the -clean option. This forces all the plugins to be re-read and see if that helps.

anthony

Hi Anthony,

I downloaded Eclipse 3.5.2 for PHP developers, then I installed RTC 3.0 client using option "Expand existing eclipse..." and succeeded, it works perfect.

In this case, we got RTC source control support for PHP development.

If anyone want to try this or has problems, let me know and I will help with it.

Regards,

permanent link
Franklyn Santana (2621) | answered Mar 20 '11, 8:15 p.m.
Hi milan, I'll try PHP + RTC 3.0, I already have eclipse running the RTC client. So, can I just install the Eclipse for PHP Developers plugin and that's it?
I don't know too much about this, so I'd like to know how are these tool usually used? I mean, will every developer have a copy of the web site running in his machine? Do I first set RTC client, pull the code, and THEN configure a local web server to use the project files?

THx

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 20 '11, 9:49 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Note that this question is an Eclipse question, not an RTC question.
RTC does not care how you configure your test/debug environment in Eclipse.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 3/20/2011 8:23 PM, macklein wrote:
Hi milan, I'll try PHP + RTC 3.0, I already have eclipse running the
RTC client. So, can I just install the Eclipse for PHP Developers
plugin and that's it?
I don't know too much about this, so I'd like to know how are these
tool usually used? I mean, every developer has a copy of the web site
running in his machine? Do I first set RTC client, pull the code, and
THEN configure a local web server to use the project files?

THx

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98010172140) | answered Mar 21 '11, 5:16 a.m.
Hi milan, I'll try PHP + RTC 3.0, I already have eclipse running the RTC client. So, can I just install the Eclipse for PHP Developers plugin and that's it?
I don't know too much about this, so I'd like to know how are these tool usually used? I mean, will every developer have a copy of the web site running in his machine? Do I first set RTC client, pull the code, and THEN configure a local web server to use the project files?

THx

Hi macklein,

First of all, I've already had set up PHP environment without eclipse (Wamp). Then, I downloaded Eclipse 3.6.1 for PHP developers. After that, I run RTC 3.0 installation, and during the installation process, I used "Expand the existing Eclipse" option, and installed RTC 3.0 in existing eclipse (PHP).
Next when you start your eclipse for the first time, make sure that you have set up your server in eclipse:
Windows-->Preferences-->PHP-->Servers (ex: http://localhost).

If you 'll use RTC Source Control, of course that every user will have a copy of web site if he will make any changes in scripts. On the other side, If you will test the scripts through eclipse with RTC, if you know the address location for testing your scripts, you can just start internal explorer and test the script, but for avoiding all these things, you can just load whole PHP project from RTC repository and on PHP script, just say run as PHP Web Page, and that's it.
Also, make sure that your local repository workspace points to location where you configured PHP server (for testing scripts).
That is in some way how I configured that, and it works for me.
Regards,

permanent link
Franklyn Santana (2621) | answered Mar 21 '11, 9:24 a.m.

THx

Hi macklein,

First of all, I've already had set up PHP environment without eclipse (Wamp). Then, I downloaded Eclipse 3.6.1 for PHP developers. After that, I run RTC 3.0 installation, and during the installation process, I used "Expand the existing Eclipse" option, and installed RTC 3.0 in existing eclipse (PHP).
Next when you start your eclipse for the first time, make sure that you have set up your server in eclipse:
Windows-->Preferences-->PHP-->Servers (ex: http://localhost).

If you 'll use RTC Source Control, of course that every user will have a copy of web site if he will make any changes in scripts. On the other side, If you will test the scripts through eclipse with RTC, if you know the address location for testing your scripts, you can just start internal explorer and test the script, but for avoiding all these things, you can just load whole PHP project from RTC repository and on PHP script, just say run as PHP Web Page, and that's it.
Also, make sure that your local repository workspace points to location where you configured PHP server (for testing scripts).
That is in some way how I configured that, and it works for me.
Regards,

Thanks a lot.. this will help me a lot. I just needed some direction.. I'll try and let everybody know :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.