It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

'Generate Team Invitation' failed. Permission denied.

Roderick Thomas (661179) | asked Feb 22 '11, 6:06 p.m.
I've created a new project area and added a member using the web client.

After saving it, if I try to send the new member an invite email, i get the following message:

"Error generating team invitations.

'Generate Team Invitation' failed. Permission denied."

My account is both a JazzAdmin and JazzProjectAdmin. Can anyone explain why this is occuring?

4 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Feb 22 '11, 6:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've created a new project area and added a member using the web client.

After saving it, if I try to send the new member an invite email, i get the following message:

"Error generating team invitations.

'Generate Team Invitation' failed. Permission denied."

My account is both a JazzAdmin and JazzProjectAdmin. Can anyone explain why this is occuring?

Hi

Mentioning some things I tend to check first - so apologies if you have already checked these.

Check you have a valid client access licenses. You need some form of licenses (I tend to give myself a Developer licenses just to avoid problems).

Check you are also a member of the project, (or you appear as the administrator). If you are a member of the project - check your role - you may not have permission to send the team invite.

What process are you using (and is it out-of-the-box or customised)?

regards

anthony

permanent link
Roderick Thomas (661179) | answered Feb 23 '11, 10:57 a.m.

Hi

Mentioning some things I tend to check first - so apologies if you have already checked these.

Check you have a valid client access licenses. You need some form of licenses (I tend to give myself a Developer licenses just to avoid problems).

Check you are also a member of the project, (or you appear as the administrator). If you are a member of the project - check your role - you may not have permission to send the team invite.

regards

anthony

hi anthony,

Thanks.. I assumed as administrator of a project, I'd have full rights already enabled to do it all. I needed to be a member of the project with a role or change the default setting for "everyone" to enable the sending of the mail.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Feb 23 '11, 5:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi

regards

anthony

hi anthony,

Thanks.. I assumed as administrator of a project, I'd have full rights already enabled to do it all. I needed to be a member of the project with a role or change the default setting for "everyone" to enable the sending of the mail.

Glad you found the problem. Having an adminstrator that can't do user stuff may seem bizzare but is actually quite useful in practice - you can have an admin team that can go in and set up projects, but can't accidentally interfere with project work.

anthony

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Feb 23 '11, 6:12 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi

regards

anthony

hi anthony,

In RTC 2.0, administrators don't have special permissions when it comes to sending invitations. You have to grant them role-based permissions as Anthony explains.

In RTC 3.0, this has changed. In this new version we've extended administrators privileges to include sending team invitations.

- Jared

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.