It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Executing test execution record programmatically

Yaqian Fang (2013223) | asked Feb 21 '11, 6:18 a.m.
Hi,

After creating a test execution record for a test case which is linked to a Rational Function Tester script as test script, initially it doesn't have any result unless I manually click the run button, go through a few clicks to load the test environment, connected adapter, etc. before the execution actually kicks off. I personally don't think it is necessary to re-load those information again, as it has already been configured at the stage of creating the test execution.

This loading information can take a while especially when putting multiple test cases that all linked to RFT scripts in a test suite.

So my questions is, is there a way to programmatically executing a test execution record without having to going through those clicks via RQM GUI? Is there a command line support for doing so?

Thank you.

One answer

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Feb 21 '11, 10:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently there's no supported way to programmatically kick off an execution in RQM. There's already an enhancement request for this:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/39955

You should add a comment to that work item describing your needs for this feature.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.