It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC jts configuration error on WAS6.1 on system i

yansheng li (1175) | asked Feb 19 '11, 10:29 a.m.
retagged Jun 24 '12, 4:31 a.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)
we just install and configure RTC3.0 on system i.
Since the db2 for i issue we turn to db2 on windows as the repository , but have problem with jts/setup wizard in websphere6.1 application deployment. After configure the database and create tables in step 3, I click "next",but it takes long time with none response. And I find at the same time, the jts.log is filling up quickly with exception of following:

"2011-02-16 19:23:14,397 ERROR nternal.monitoring.ServiceExecutionMonitorRegistry - CRJAZ1259I The Application Response Management (ARM) function, used to monitor the performance, could not start. Ensure ARM is properly configured in the application server. Check the following exception for more information.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/opengroup/arm40/transaction/ArmTransaction
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:196)
at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:49)
at java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.<init>(NoClassDefFoundError.java:40)
at com.ibm.team.performance.arm.ArmServiceMonitoring.postInvoke(ArmServiceMonitoring.java:1)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.monitoring.ServiceExecutionMonitorRegistry.sendPostInvoke(ServiceExecutionMonitorRegistry.java:111)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.monitoring.ServiceExecutionMonitorRegistry.sendPostInvoke(ServiceExecutionMonitorRegistry.java:1)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.handlePostInvoke(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:913)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.access$1(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:912)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner$1.postInvoke(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:499)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.postInvoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:488)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:357)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at $Proxy125.save(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.LogChangeEventAppenderTask.saveChangeEventsForLogEntries(LogChangeEventAppenderTask.java:102)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.LogChangeEventAppenderTask.runTask(LogChangeEventAppenderTask.java:129)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.async.AbstractAutoScheduledTask.executeTask(AbstractAutoScheduledTask.java:86)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:357)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at $Proxy128.executeTask(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.scheduler.AsynchronousTaskRunner.runTask(AsynchronousTaskRunner.java:127)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.scheduler.AsynchronousTaskRunner.run(AsynchronousTaskRunner.java:97)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
............................................."
and the exception message threw out without a stop.
so the our RTC configuration process hung up in this step

we seek the error on the web, maybe come from some monitor function of was, I have check with the WAS configuration, and make sure there is no ARM monitor on.

The environment is : System i V5R4, WAS 6.1.0.0.29, DB2 9.5.1

The setup is hang on this step, ->

if anyone have experiences on this ,
Could you help us to figure out the root cause? Any more information you need, please contact me freely.
my mail is .Liyans@cn.ibm.com

thanks a lot

2 answers

permanent link
Joseph Mao (440189) | answered Feb 21 '11, 9:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Information provided in following URL, please check if this helps.
http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=304&highlight=arm

It will leading you to a topic in Wiki
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/EnablingArmMonitoring
and
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/tivoli/library/t-armtcamrtt/index.html

I suppose you need to apply ARM 4.0 lib in WAS

permanent link
Amaury Quintero (901217) | answered Sep 02 '12, 8:29 a.m.
 Try to disable the Development Mode for the WAS server you are running

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.