It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Summary and Type fields combined in query result

Barbara Hampson (133) | asked Feb 16 '11, 10:09 a.m.
In attempting to sync changes we made to work item types I ran a query of our existing work items and tried to right click on the first field to select the 'sync' option. However, I noticed I didn't have a sync option. Upon more investigation I realized my 'summary' field and my 'type' icon field are somehow combined into one and I can't separate them out.

If I go into the Result Layout tab of the query and remove both 'type' and 'summary' from the Selected Columns and run the query again I get the same result as when those fields are included. The first column has a title of Summary and contains both the icon and the summary text.

I tried a few things to see if I could separate it. I used the pulldown for 'columns' and if I select or deselect the 'summary' field it goes grey and nothing changes in the query result view. If I deselect the 'type' field it doesn't change anything either.

I've searched through my preferences, etc. and can't figure out what is causing this. If I look at the same query result on a co-worker's eclipse client it does have a separate field for the 'type' icon and he can sync.

I'm running
Version: 2.0.0.2
Build id: I20101021-2131
and I did install BIRT tooling recently. Could this have any impact?

Any suggestions?

2 answers

permanent link
Adil Chahid (45524118) | answered Sep 19 '11, 10:12 p.m.
Same thing happened here.
RTC Client Version 2.0.0.2 iFix 6 and RTC Server version is 2.0.0.2 iFix 4.
Any clue on what could have happened here?
Thanks!

permanent link
Mark Ingebretson (58515236) | answered Oct 28 '11, 9:55 a.m.
Same thing happened here.
RTC Client Version 2.0.0.2 iFix 6 and RTC Server version is 2.0.0.2 iFix 4.
Any clue on what could have happened here?
Thanks!

I had this problem, too. Here's how I got around it:

In the RTC Eclipse client work items query results view, click the down arrow icon at the top right of the view to edit the Relationships, and remove any Children or other settings.

Then click the down arrow again and select Columns... and select Type.

The Type field now has its own separate column in the query output.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.