It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

First time install of DTC V3 with DB2 issue

Bill Kepner (61) | asked Feb 11 '11, 12:33 p.m.
I am closely following the Interactive Installation Guide for V3 and ran into the following during the DB2 configuration for JTS:

In my conf/jts/teamserver.properties I have:
com.ibm.team.repository.db.vendor = DB2
com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//cosrtc1.cos.ds.jdsu.net:50000/JAZZ:user=db2admin;password={password};

but when I run repotools-jts.sh I get the following error:

# ./repotools-jts.sh -createTables -clean
Repo Tools
Provisioning using "./conf/jts/provision_profiles".
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 3.0 (RJF-I20101112-0630)

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:conf/jts/teamserver.properties".
CRJAZ1781W The Public URI Root has not been set. Use the server setup wizard to
enter the public URI. This property is required to enforce consistent URL management in the application. The public URI represents the URL that all clients must use to access the application.
CRJAZ1779I This server is configured as a JTS.
CRJAZ1365I The server is attempting to connect to the following database: "//cosrtc1.cos.ds.jdsu.net:50000/JAZZ:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;"
CRJAZ0503I The server was unable to connect to the following database: "//cosrtc1.cos.ds.jdsu.net:50000/JAZZ:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;" Exception:
" Exception java.net.ConnectException: Error opening socket to server cosrtc1.cos.ds.jdsu.net/10.3.64.126 on port 50,000 with message: Connection refused. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001"
CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService"
CRJAZ0503I The server was unable to connect to the following database: "//cosrtc1.cos.ds.jdsu.net:50000/JAZZ:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;" Exception:
" Exception java.net.ConnectException: Error open
ing socket to server cosrtc1.cos.ds.jdsu.net/10.3.64.126 on port 50,000 with message: Connection refused. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001"
CRJAZ1728E An unexpected error has been detected. See the log file "/opt/IBM/Jaz
zTeamServer/server/repotools-jts_createTables.log" for more details.

The databases I created following the previous step in the dos are:

db2 create database JTS on <path> using codeset UTF-8 territory en PAGESIZE 16384
db2 create database CCM on <path> using codeset UTF-8 territory en PAGESIZE 16384
Changing the database name in location to from JTS from JAZZ didn't change anything.

2 answers

permanent link
Bill Kepner (61) | answered Feb 11 '11, 12:35 p.m.
that should be RTC and this is for an eval

permanent link
Kleiber Sousa (6) | answered May 27 '11, 11:11 a.m.
I'm getting the same error and using RTC 3.0, DB2 9.5 fp6, as far as I know a supported DB as per http://jazz.net/library/article/496/.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.