It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CQ Connector: OOTB Schema question

Mark Parry (31121711) | asked May 05 '08, 4:17 p.m.
Does the OOTB Schema that comes with the cq connectors require the
creating of the CQ Querys that select the defects to sync?

--Mark

14 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered May 05 '08, 5:06 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
No schema would require creating any queries if you want to sync all records of the types that you apply the JazzInterop package too. If you don't want to sync all records, but, for example, only want to sync records associated with a certain project (say because that project's team is using Team Concert for code development), then you would define queries that identify the records associated with that project.

John
Jazz ClearQuest Connector Team

--Mark

permanent link
Mark Parry (31121711) | answered May 06 '08, 5:53 p.m.
I went back and completely rebuilt my CQ installation using the out of
the box (OOTB) schema with outgoing synchronization enabled. If I create
a workitem of type defect in Jazz, it creates it correctly in CQ. If I
try to create a defect in CQ with the exact same values as those created
by the workitem created in Jazz, it is not synchronized to Jazz.
Furthermore if I modify the defect that was created in Jazz and
"shadowed" into CQ with CQ. Those changes are not reflected as well. So
it would appear data going from Jazz to CQ is working correctly but the
inverse (CQ to Jazz) is not. What did I miss in the configuration/setup?

Mark D. Parry wrote:

--Mark

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered May 06 '08, 6:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would stop and restart the CQ gateway and then create the CQ defect to test incoming sync. It may be the case that the custom tables that the connector relies on does not have the correct information. Restarting the CQ gateway may update our custom tables with the correct info.

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector team

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered May 06 '08, 7:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Also it may depend on what your property settings are in your cqconnector.properties file. For example if you have the cq.queryTreeRoot property uncommented out and with the default value set, ie cq.queryTreeRoot=Public Queries/JazzConnector, then make sure that in CQ you have a folder JazzConnector under the Public Queries folder. Also under that folder, you should have another folder whose name matches the project area you created.

For more info, see the Connecting to multiple project areas topic in the online doc.

Lorelei

permanent link
Mark Parry (31121711) | answered May 07 '08, 10:56 a.m.
I looked at the cqconnector.properties, it did have the value 'cq.queryTreeRoot=Public Queries/JazzConnector' which I then compared to my CQ installation and that does exist. My Project Area is called 'Application Development Solutions Test' and so there is a folder under 'Public Queries/JazzConnector' by the same name.

I shutdown the gateway, and then created a CQ Defect using values that matched one that did successfully sync from Jazz into CQ. I then restarted the gateway. Its been about 5mins as I write this and I haven't seen it appear in Jazz yet.

--Mark

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered May 07 '08, 3:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Try creating the CQ defect after you restarted the CQ gateway not before.

Lorelei

permanent link
Mark Parry (31121711) | answered May 07 '08, 3:17 p.m.
Just tried creating one while the gateway was up, and I'm not seeing it.

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered May 07 '08, 3:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can turn on logging in the CQ gateway to see if anything is happening with the gateway. There's a log4j.properties file in the gateway directory. At the end of the file, you should see this entry

#log4j.logger.com.ibm.rational.interop.level1=DEBUG

uncomment it and restart the gateway. Create a defect and see if there is any info in the log.

Lorelei

P.S.
You may need to open a work item so that we can look at this further.

permanent link
Richard Piazza (381) | answered May 08 '08, 9:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Try using the gateway status page. Got to a browser, and type in the gateway's url (the one you used to create the external repository connection in RTC).

This will tell you things like, what queries you have specified, and if the gateway is polling for CQ change events.

Rich

permanent link
Mark Parry (31121711) | answered May 08 '08, 2:59 p.m.
Thanks Lorelei on the tip to increase the debugging level. That ultimately allowed me to find the problem. The instructions for importing the sync rules say to set the external connection but they didn't mention setting the external record type (which doesn't appear to happen automatically under m6a). Setting at some level should probably be intuitively obvious and not required as a documented setup, but I still managed to miss it. :oops:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.