It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Run an automate test on a remote machine

Ugo Soave (2547) | asked Feb 09 '11, 12:21 p.m.
In order to run an automate test on a remote machine I've to install RFT and start RQM adapter.

Have I to install locally the scripts or can I share it using Shared Location of RQM system properties?

Ciao

2 answers

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Feb 09 '11, 3:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have I to install locally the scripts or can I share it using Shared Location of RQM system properties?

You can do either. See these articles in the RQM documentation for details:

Regards,
Patrick

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Feb 09 '11, 5:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, either option should work. Just depends on your needs. If you are just getting started with testing via integration of RQM and RFT, I would recommend that you start out with the "local" to test machine option. In which case you script must be on the same machine as RFT. It's the simplest of the two options to get up and running.

Running from a shared location should also work. But the one thing I would bring to your attention with the shared option, is that the RFT adapter will not automatically resolve any dependencies your script may have on other files (e.g. 3rd party libraries, property files, etc...). Instead your script will need to download them from the RQM share location. RFT provides an easy API to use for downloading from an RQM share. Search the RFT InfoCenter for "downloadProjectFiles" for more info on that API.

good luck

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.