It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to mark dependencies of changesets?

Maggie Stearns (1063027) | asked Feb 07 '11, 3:36 p.m.
Hi:

I'm using RTC2.0.0.2iFix4

Is there a way to specify that a changeset depends on another changeset? I would like to force deliveries and accepts to happen together for changesets that depend on eachother.

I see that I can mark the associated work items as dependent on each other, but that won't get flagged when I try to accept one into another workspace (without accepting the changeset that is depends on).

-Thanks
Maggie

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Feb 07 '11, 4:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently, this is not possible. I think the best work flow is to create work items that have a chain of dependencies so that the user accepting from a work item can see that the linked change sets depend on the change sets of the blocking work item.

It's also possible to associate multiple work items to a change set. If there are change sets that will unblock the progress of another work item, you may want to associate the blocking work item and the dependent work item.

If this isn't enough and you want to enforce combined deliveries, feel free to open an enhancement.

Hi:

I'm using RTC2.0.0.2iFix4

Is there a way to specify that a changeset depends on another changeset? I would like to force deliveries and accepts to happen together for changesets that depend on eachother.

I see that I can mark the associated work items as dependent on each other, but that won't get flagged when I try to accept one into another workspace (without accepting the changeset that is depends on).

-Thanks
Maggie

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.