It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

.bset doesn't work on HP-UX HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800

oreste egidio (4113020) | asked Feb 07 '11, 8:24 a.m.
I've a simple project:

STEP 1 .bset env "MY_PATH=`echo $PATH`"
STEP2 echo $MYPATH

and it's work fine on linux and windows.

When I run it on HP-UX operating system it semm that I'm not able to read the correct value of MY_PATH in STEP2

Any suggestion?

Ciao

One answer

permanent link
Robert haig (1.0k16) | answered Feb 07 '11, 4:10 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've a simple project:

STEP 1 .bset env "MY_PATH=`echo $PATH`"
STEP2 echo $MYPATH

and it's work fine on linux and windows.

When I run it on HP-UX operating system it semm that I'm not able to read the correct value of MY_PATH in STEP2

Any suggestion?

Ciao

.bset relies on the agent shell environment to resolve each side of the assignment. uncomment the leave_tmp_file entry in the bfagent.conf and you'll see the file left behind for this step.

Also note that your PATH variable must be set for this to work. Some shells don't populate the system environment depending on how the agent is configured (the no_pty option).

also, to get to a shell set env var, there is typically more than one $ required. That $PATH is working on your windows system, tells me that it's BF that is populating $PATH before the .bset is executed. perhaps you have a server level env group set on your windows and linux systems, but not your HP system?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.