It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you predefine content of text fields in RRC V3 aretfacts

Nigel Hopper (1032625) | asked Feb 03 '11, 11:45 a.m.
Hi

It would be extremely useful to predefine some of the content of the main text field (doesn't seem to have a label), or others, prior to the creation of the artefact.

For example in an Office word editor you can create a document type of Letter and there is basic content that the user sees before they adapt it to be the final letter that they send.

In the same way, in creating some artefacts it would be useful to either have guidance in the artefact as to what it is used for and what needs to be filled in or some form of template that has predefined sections to fill in. For example in a requirement you might need sections for :

- Abstract
- Justification
- Customer
- Sizing

By having these in the artefact you automatically provide some form of consistency to the artefacts that will be created.

Can this be done?

Thanks, Nigel

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Feb 03 '11, 12:17 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes you can. Someone with project admin rights can create document templates, which are associated with specific artifact types. A template is created based on a particular instance of a document (i.e, "create a template from this document").

permanent link
Nigel Hopper (1032625) | answered Feb 08 '11, 8:49 a.m.
Hi Daniel.

Apologies, cannot see "Create template from this document" (or artifact etc.).

Neither selecting the drop down box to the left of the artifact when selected from the list view, nor from anything I can see when the artifact is open or even when it is being edited.

Could you please point me to where I should see. Tried the help and not too useful as searching brings up a lot that does not appear to the directly related to RRC.

I am in the section Administrators from the Application Administration (Project Areas) page as well as in the members area defined as Administrator role.

Hope you can help as this could be the solution.

Guess I also need to know how to create from a template!

Thanks, Nigel.

PS. Using the Web interface.

permanent link
tina zhuo (8133) | answered Feb 08 '11, 11:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You will be able to manage document/artifact template. Please feel free to try it out in CLM Beta 3 release when it becomes available.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.