It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2 -> 3 Upgrade broken by context root difficulty

Wes Deviers (611) | asked Feb 02 '11, 4:04 p.m.
Hello,

On my working and nicely functional RTC2 install, Websphere 7, I did the installation such that the context root is set to /. It has a dedicated server, so there wasn't any point in adding /jazz needlessly.

Now I'm trying to upgrade to RTC 3.0 and that choice appears to have completely broken everything. The installer assumes you could have never, ever, in a million years, used anything other than /jazz. The badness of this assumption aside, it's causing me a lot of problems.

My first shot was to install with the new context root as /jazz, then change it after the fact. It actually worked surprisingly well with the automated installer, but there are too many random errors for it to be usable. I attempted this at least half a dozen times with slight variations, but never got CCM to completely register with JTS.

After those few attempts, I tried doing the manual installation using the XML file. The initial setup seems to work. If I set
<data key='user.com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rtc.context-root' value=''/>
(two single qoutes with nothing between) the installer generator runs as expected, dumps the files into /tmp as expected, and creates a repotools-.sh. Strange, but at least it's close. The problem is that none of the XML files are where they're expected to be, because it's missing the last portion of *every* path.

If I do
<data key='user.com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rtc.context-root' value='/'/>

it fails for obvious reasons (Linux system).

So, how can I get around this problem, where my context on RTC2 is https://jazz.domain.lan/

with no /jazz?

Thanks!

Wes

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.