It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't share some files in RTC 3.0

Scott Chapman (3216547) | asked Feb 02 '11, 9:29 a.m.
I have been running some tests importing and sharing our code in RTC 3.0 and I suddenly ran into a problem with Ignored Resources when I attempt to share my projects.

My projects contain some .bin and .class files. Previously I had been able to remove those patterns and was able to include those files. But that seems to no longer work.

It is showing me a couple of .class files that will be ignored, but I have cleared out my ignore patterns...

Any ideas?

4 answers

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Feb 04 '11, 10:53 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The RTC ignore support uses 3 basic mechanisms to determine if a file is ignored.

1) The .jazzignore file
2) The Team/Ignored Resources preference page
3) The derived flag of the resources

The JDT compiler will set the derived flag of any *.class files it creates so these will still be ignored even if you delete the .jazzignore file and remove the pattern from the preference page.

I tried to check in the bin folder by undoing all three ignore sources but I could not so I have opened work item https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/152443 for the issue. You may want to CC yourself to that work item and add a comment as to why you require this and any other issues you see with the work flow.

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Feb 07 '11, 9:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've added an explanation to https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/152443. If you have any questions or comments, please add them there.

In general: Eclipse sets the derived bit on a .class file whenever it is built. Since Jazz ignores derived files by default, you'll probably have unpleasant behaviour.

In the short term, I suggest copying the .class files out of Eclipse's build directory and sharing them from there. Then you won't have to worry about derived bit being set. If that's problematic, I suggest you open another work item on Jazz Source Control.

e
--
Evan Hughes
Jazz Source Control

permanent link
Amitabh Mathur (6) | answered Feb 07 '11, 7:35 p.m.
In the process of importing source code from the hard drive to RTC 3.0, 1 file in particular failed to get checked in. The file is named main.c.
All other .c files are in the system but this one refuses to come in.
I checked the .jazzignore file and it is clean.
a check in and deliver on this one file gives the error:
CRJAZ12471
Which doesnt really mean much to a new user like myself.

Any clues on how ot resolve this issue?

Thanks

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Feb 08 '11, 9:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
mathuram: that problem is likely unrelated to this thread. Please open a work item with the full stack trace in it.

e

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.