It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

turkish language support for web client

Ali BAKAN (1611) | asked Jan 26 '11, 9:07 a.m.
hi all;

i search at forum but i could not find any related subject. isn't that language supporting by jazz? if so why i can see turkish locale in regional settings user management area.

best regards
alibakan

6 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 26 '11, 9:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ali,

I looked into the install of RTC 3.0 and Turkisch is unfortunately not among the translations to select.

Ralph

hi all;

i search at forum but i could not find any related subject. isn't that language supporting by jazz? if so why i can see turkish locale in regional settings user management area.

best regards
alibakan

permanent link
Ali BAKAN (1611) | answered Jan 26 '11, 9:31 a.m.
thanks for reply. we use 2.0.0.2 iFix5. if i want to show turkish translations or any other language that isn't supported what'll i do?

should i change the original language resources in jar files?

Hi Ali,

I looked into the install of RTC 3.0 and Turkisch is unfortunately not among the translations to select.

Ralph

permanent link
Ali BAKAN (1611) | answered Jan 26 '11, 10:10 a.m.
i did some research and i learned that regional settings combobox into work environment populates data from client machine. so that is why i see lots of locales.

it has to be a simple way to do what i want. :)

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 27 '11, 1:29 a.m.
Hi Ali,

sorry that I misunderstood your initial question.

The regional settings in the work environment are really meant to set the timezone and the representation of dates/currency etc.

Language support is not influenced by regional settings. If you have issues with mixed languages in client or server which I have seen dependent on how the installation is done you can find a solution here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21389087. You can use it to switch the language of the client and server but keep the regional settings. I use it to switch to English language for servers and clients installed on machines with other operating systems installed in other languages.

This prevents mixed languages.

Thanks,

Ralph

i did some research and i learned that regional settings combobox into work environment populates data from client machine. so that is why i see lots of locales.

it has to be a simple way to do what i want. :)

permanent link
Ali BAKAN (1611) | answered Jan 27 '11, 2:57 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

i think i didn't define my question first. link that you gave can be helpful for rtc client for eclipse. but all i need to change web client translations for our a few contributors that are jazzUsers have contributer license.

i know i can select a locale while creating a project area. perhaps it could be a solution for me. but my language (turkish) isn't exists amoung those locales.

ali bakan

Hi Ali,

The regional settings in the work environment are really meant to set the timezone and the representation of dates/currency etc.

Language support is not influenced by regional settings. If you have issues with mixed languages in client or server which I have seen dependent on how the installation is done you can find a solution here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21389087. You can use it to switch the language of the client and server but keep the regional settings. I use it to switch to English language for servers and clients installed on machines with other operating systems installed in other languages.

Thanks,

Ralph

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 27 '11, 3:59 a.m.
Hi Ali,

I am not completely capable of answering how to provide Turkish translations for the product. I think it is probably an lot of work also. I guess there are three areas you would have to look into.

1. Translating the process template. I think there have been posts around that. I believe it should be possible by looking into the process template and providing additional translations for the resources and descriptions.
2. Translations for the web component of the server. I think you could ask in this forum http://jazz.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=2 if someone can give you a hint. Since the server is really built upon Eclipse you might want to check this article http://jazz.net/library/article/477 to get an idea about extending it. I would guess that translations are only plug-ins provided with translations to the resources. The article currently is for 2.0.0.2 but will be updated.
3. The Eclipse Client would probably use a similar approach to the server. You might be able to get more info on http://www.ecclipse.org

Just some additional thoughts,

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

i think i didn't define my question first. link that you gave can be helpful for rtc client for eclipse. but all i need to change web client translations for our a few contributors that are jazzUsers have contributer license.

i know i can select a locale while creating a project area. perhaps it could be a solution for me. but my language (turkish) isn't exists amoung those locales.

ali bakan

Hi Ali,

Thanks,

Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.