It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Policy Validation [states transition]

Rogério Ramos da Silva (3352827) | asked Jan 20 '11, 8:05 a.m.
Hi all,

I've some policies configured in a state of my lifecycle. I put the validation check at the transition to another state, to verify if was sucessfull, warning or error.
In my case it is not allowed to pass to another state if the policy result is error (Policy X is not Error), but the transition only occurs if the policy is OK, if it is Warn the transition is not done.

Anyone can explain me how policies works within a lifecycle validation and configuration?

7 answers

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Jan 03 '12, 1:23 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ok, I believe we are still on 7.5.0.1:

Build: RAM75-I20100911_1018

regards,
ben

Actually that's 7.5. 7.5.0.1 would be RAM7501-I20101213_1034

--
Rich Kulp
Rational Asset Manager developer

permanent link
Rogério Ramos da Silva (3352827) | answered Jan 09 '12, 12:42 p.m.
Hi Ben,

Even you were on 7.5 or 7.5.0.1 the issue would happens. For my case this issue was fixed on 7.5.0.2.

I've never used a default policy that return a Warning result, always OK or Failure, so I guess this issue only happens when a Warning is returned. As I've mencioned, if is possible to upgrade to 7.5.0.2, maybe you've your problem might be solved.

permanent link
Ben Fortuna (5035) | answered Nov 23 '11, 7:19 p.m.
I am facing the same issue. We would like to generate a warning from a custom policy that will alert the user, but not prevent them from promoting the asset. Documentation seems to imply a warning is different to an error but so far it seems the only difference is the icon displayed with the message.

Is this a bug with RAM or an intentional feature?

Hi all,

I've some policies configured in a state of my lifecycle. I put the validation check at the transition to another state, to verify if was sucessfull, warning or error.
In my case it is not allowed to pass to another state if the policy result is error (Policy X is not Error), but the transition only occurs if the policy is OK, if it is Warn the transition is not done.

Anyone can explain me how policies works within a lifecycle validation and configuration?

permanent link
Rogério Ramos da Silva (3352827) | answered Nov 25 '11, 12:01 p.m.
Hi Ben,

What RAM version are you using?

This issue was fixed on 7.5.0.2

permanent link
Ben Fortuna (5035) | answered Dec 15 '11, 7:14 p.m.
Hi Ben,

What RAM version are you using?

This issue was fixed on 7.5.0.2

Ok, I believe we are still on 7.5.0.1:

Build: RAM75-I20100911_1018

regards,
ben

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Dec 28 '11, 1:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
... tried a quick test with the uniqueness policy, and a transition constraints of "Not in Error".

Worked as expected... could transition when unique and not if it was not.

What is the specific constraint configuration you are using... are there nested OR/ANDs?

permanent link
Ben Fortuna (5035) | answered Jan 09 '12, 1:34 a.m.

Actually that's 7.5. 7.5.0.1 would be RAM7501-I20101213_1034

--
Rich Kulp
Rational Asset Manager developer

Ok thanks. I was told we were using 7.5.0.1 so I guess someone lost track somewhere. ;)

regards,
ben

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.