It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Default Attribute Values on Work Item Creation

David Zeleznik (61) | asked Jan 17 '11, 3:45 p.m.
For RTC2, I am searching for a way to configure the default value of attributes when a work item is created. Specifically, right now I need to initialize several boolean custom attributes to true instead of false. I have been searching through the process customization gui, the docs, and this forum with no luck so far. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

DaveZ

3 answers

permanent link
Sean G Wilbur (87212421) | answered Jan 18 '11, 9:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Dave,

Check out this wiki page, in 2.x there is no GUI access to these value providers so you have to make the changes directly to the process xml source.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeValueProviders#Default_Value_Providers

-Sean

permanent link
David Zeleznik (61) | answered Jan 18 '11, 5:15 p.m.
Thanks Sean! Do you know if there is a DefaultValueProvider for booleans? By the wiki, the answer seems no...

DaveZ

permanent link
Steven Pogue (7142) | answered Feb 25 '11, 11:01 a.m.
I would like to add default values for some existing workitem fields, such as owner and subscribers. Is there a list of all the IDs for these fields, like com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.severity, etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.