It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 - What happened to drag and drop in plans?

Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | asked Jan 17 '11, 12:38 p.m.
In RTC 2.x I used to be able to go into a release backlog plan type and drag and drop work items. This would allow me to create parent and child relationships on the fly while in work breakdown view. As well, I could switch to iteration view and drag a work item into a new iteration.

Now, in RTC 3, all of this dragging and dropping does not seem to be allowed. Has this feature been removed? Any suggestions?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Jan 17 '11, 2:01 p.m.
Figured it out -- you now have to select the "rough edge" icon on the very left of the work item while hovering. Then you can drag and drop. I'm guessing this was done to prevent people from accidentally dragging and dropping.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 17 '11, 4:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Figured it out -- you now have to select the "rough edge" icon on the very left of the work item while hovering. Then you can drag and drop. I'm guessing this was done to prevent people from accidentally dragging and dropping.

Hi Benjamin

You beat me to it...I just spun up the WebUI as I was sure I had done this before. Also note the pulldown menu entries on the work item in a plan - that has a Demote option too.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.