It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

3.0 setup problems, never mind, start over

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Jan 06 '11, 10:36 a.m.
I have 2.2 installed and working fine.
I downloaded all of V3, and have installed the base, client and the 10 user license.

now to setup and config..

run jts/setup... all ok, except I have no 'applications' to register, last step.

I can logon to the web ui, created a project area, set the permissions, etc.
added another user.

I cannot connect from the client. server returned error 500. but I don't see anything in the logs.

now, due to some other requirements, with this test/dev setup, I need to disable port 9443 and use 9081..

so I edited the tomcat config like last time, and changed the web.xml to disable protection mode

port 9443 will work if I put it back in the tomcat config.. 9081 fails to connect.

did I have an install failure? should I start over?

Sam

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 06 '11, 12:40 p.m.
never mind.. I started over, uninstalled, installed, did the server setup first, let IT create the first user, and walked all the way thru..

then went in and did my project area add, and other configs..

then connect from client..

now have to work on the port numbers..

Sam

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jan 07 '11, 9:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When the application server (Tomcat or WAS) configuration is changed to use different port numbers, you also have to inform the Jazz server of the port numbers via configuration properties. See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_post_config.html

never mind.. I started over, uninstalled, installed, did the server setup first, let IT create the first user, and walked all the way thru..

then went in and did my project area add, and other configs..

then connect from client..

now have to work on the port numbers..

Sam

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.