It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

schema documentation of the Jazz repository

Annie Ying (2063103) | asked Apr 23 '08, 10:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Can anyone recommend me a place to look at if I want to understand the schema of the Jazz repository database? The only documentation I can find is https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DataWarehouseSnapshotSchemas
but it only describes a very small fraction of the tables.

I have been reverse engineering the semantics of the schema by guessing from the name of the table and the name of the columns and the data type. This works for data stored in a column with a meaningful name, but in some occasions that is not the case.

Thanks in advance!
Annie

One answer

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jun 30 '08, 9:37 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The schemas for the Jazz tables is not public. The exact mapping of Object -> table can very based on your DB vendor and setup of your database.

Rather than access the data directly, the Jazz API will allow you to read/query/modify the data in the database without having to guess about how to modify the data in the DB. Is there something you were trying to accomplish that you couldn't find in the API?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.