It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ignore LDAP user information

Rogério Ramos da Silva (3352827) | asked Dec 28 '10, 7:39 a.m.
Hi all!

I have sucessfully config the LDAP integration with RAM 7.5, but the user info are wrong and the administrators would like to pass the information completation task for the users.

I've to change the properties (attributes) on the Adminsitration -> Configuration page like that, 'cause when I leave this properties blank, they're filled with yours default values:

mail property = na
phone property = na
name property = na

Anyway, the information from LDAP are filled yet. How can I change this behaviour?

2 answers

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Dec 31 '10, 6:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
not following, ...

So LDAP is hooked up (for authentication),
For user profile information (phone, email...):

If you need them to be gathered from LDAP, make sure to set them with the right LDAP property names.

if you do not want to fetch them from LDAP ... enter a " " (space)... leaving them empty will fill it up with the default.

permanent link
Rogério Ramos da Silva (3352827) | answered Jan 18 '11, 8:14 a.m.
When I filled the porperties with a space or a wrong information, the data from LDAP was coming in any way.

I was using a legacy property of AD on the LDAP configuration. The suggested value for the distinguished name, login ID from de setup application was sAMAccount, so I changed this recommended value for cn, and all works fine.

not following, ...

So LDAP is hooked up (for authentication),
For user profile information (phone, email...):

If you need them to be gathered from LDAP, make sure to set them with the right LDAP property names.

if you do not want to fetch them from LDAP ... enter a " " (space)... leaving them empty will fill it up with the default.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.