It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Open In Web Browser link is wrong

Michael Oliver (1153) | asked Dec 24 '10, 12:34 a.m.
I have 2.0 installed and running and email notices are going out. The link in the email messages "Open in Web Browser" has the wrong URL. It shows the machine name and not the DNS name, although I have set the domain host name in the Advanced Properties. I also tried the Use Cannonical Name both with True and False with no change in the email link.

3 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Jan 14 '11, 5:33 p.m.
I have 2.0 installed and running and email notices are going out. The link in the email messages "Open in Web Browser" has the wrong URL. It shows the machine name and not the DNS name, although I have set the domain host name in the Advanced Properties. I also tried the Use Cannonical Name both with True and False with no change in the email link.

You still have a network configuration issue. I believe the link in the email is dependent on the hostname set up in the operating system running the team concert server, not the advanced properties->Public URI address, but check both. I'd get a dedicated CNAME for the machine, make sure it's set in the OS and the Public URI, and try again.

permanent link
Michael Oliver (1153) | answered Jan 14 '11, 6:38 p.m.

You still have a network configuration issue. I believe the link in the email is dependent on the hostname set up in the operating system running the team concert server, not the advanced properties->Public URI address, but check both. I'd get a dedicated CNAME for the machine, make sure it's set in the OS and the Public URI, and try again.

Geez, that's faulty logic. The DNS name and the machine name should not be coupled, that's the whole point of DNS. When running on Amazon we may want to move it or scale it up to span multiple machines, we should ONLY need to change the DNS and tell RTC what that DNS name is.

Lame
:roll:

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Jan 15 '11, 1:30 p.m.
I'm just a RTC user -- I'd check with support. I believe in RTC 2 though I noticed the emails picked up the hostname and not my alias set in the public URI. Best of luck.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.