It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to refresh reports' results/generation

Paolo Cravino (36128) | asked Dec 15 '10, 5:07 a.m.
I'm running reports into RTC. When I run the report the first time it is generated correctly.
The following run always display the report generate the first time (out-of-date) - I can see the date of report generation is that of the first run.

How I can have a report re-generated everytime with new data and new timestamp ??

Thanks
Paolo

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Dec 15 '10, 7:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Paolo,

My assumption would be that the report is valid as long as no newer data warehouse snapshot is available.

If you enforce the data collection, does the report get recreated?

Just a Thought,

Ralph

I'm running reports into RTC. When I run the report the first time it is generated correctly.
The following run always display the report generate the first time (out-of-date) - I can see the date of report generation is that of the first run.

How I can have a report re-generated everytime with new data and new timestamp ??

Thanks
Paolo

permanent link
Paolo Cravino (36128) | answered Dec 15 '10, 7:19 a.m.
Ralph,
the problem was that the template had the "cacheing" flag set and also if the snapshot was refreshed the report remained out-of-date.

Removing the flag resolved my issue.

Thanks
Paolo

Hi Paolo,

My assumption would be that the report is valid as long as no newer data warehouse snapshot is available.

Just a Thought,

Ralph

Thanks
Paolo

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Dec 15 '10, 8:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Paulo,

thanks for the feedback that will help me and others avoiding that trap!

Ralph

Ralph,
the problem was that the template had the "cacheing" flag set and also if the snapshot was refreshed the report remained out-of-date.

Removing the flag resolved my issue.

Thanks
Paolo

Hi Paolo,

Just a Thought,

Ralph

Thanks
Paolo

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.