It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

After workitem moved to resolved, stop editing of changeset

Dibyandu Roy (111) | asked Dec 14 '10, 7:51 a.m.
retagged Dec 02 '13, 3:02 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
After the workitem moved to the resolved state, user can still add or remove or edit the changeset attached to the workitem. My intension is, the user cannot be able to add/remove/edit the changeset attached to work item after the work item moved to the resloved state.

Please suggest what setting i do in my project to fullfill the above intension.

6 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Dec 14 '10, 1:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't think that can currently be enforced. It's recommended to complete all associated change sets before closing the work item (change sets are automatically completed on deliver), but AFAIK there's no way to enforce that, and no way to prevent further change sets from getting associated after the work item is closed.

There's a similar enhancement request open: 108857: Add a process rule that validates that all change sets in a work item are complete.

See also 124331: In change set its possible to use already ( a long ago ) closed workitems.

I suggest adding your thoughts to the first one.

permanent link
Binoy D'costa (9532737) | answered Feb 17 '11, 1:24 p.m.
I don't think that can currently be enforced. It's recommended to complete all associated change sets before closing the work item (change sets are automatically completed on deliver), but AFAIK there's no way to enforce that, and no way to prevent further change sets from getting associated after the work item is closed.

There's a similar enhancement request open: 108857: Add a process rule that validates that all change sets in a work item are complete.

See also 124331: In change set its possible to use already ( a long ago ) closed workitems.

I suggest adding your thoughts to the first one.

what about "Restict associating to closed work items" operation behavior? This doesn't seem to work. Any information on this would help. we are using 2.0.0.2 IFIX3

Thanks,
Binoy

permanent link
Dibyandu Roy (111) | answered Feb 18 '11, 12:19 a.m.
We are using 2.0.0.2 IFIX3. I am comparing the two snapshots. time difference between them is 3months. The comparing tool fails saying...

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ0586I Query is too complex (7524 parameters).

Any idea what is the maximum no. of work items that can be compared by the compare tool of RTC???

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 18 '11, 2:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It probably isn't the number of work items that is a problem (more
likely, change sets), but in either case, please submit a bug report ...
the system should never generate a "Query is too complex" error on a
snapshot compare operation.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 2/18/2011 12:23 AM, dibyanduroy wrote:
We are using 2.0.0.2 IFIX3. I am comparing the two snapshots. time
difference between them is 3months. The comparing tool fails
saying...

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ0586I
Query is too complex (7524 parameters).

Any idea what is the maximum no. of work items that can be compared by
the compare tool of RTC???

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Feb 18 '11, 2:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Juan Pablo Bruno (26710) | answered Oct 15 '13, 4:25 p.m.
We're facing the same error while loading a Product Backlog plan. This only happens to one backlog in one Project Area. We have several backlogs there and several project areas using more or less the same processes, and no issues there.

An error occurred while executing the operation. See the error log for details.
CRJAZ0586I Query is too complex (14391 parameters).

Is there any update on this?

Comments
Juan Pablo Bruno commented Oct 15 '13, 5:07 p.m.

BTW, this is using 4.0.3 and the Eclipse client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.