It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Template no longer produces Correct results

Craig Newman (112) | asked Dec 08 '10, 2:08 p.m.
I created a BIRT report which tracked open defect over time; its worked well for many months giving accurate results (which matched with defect queries). Then one day it started to provided inaccurate results i.e did not match queries for open defects.

When I go back to BIRT and preview the report it produces accurate results, however when I import it to a template and run the report it still provides inaccurate results.

My guess is there been a configuration change; but I don't know what to look for and where. Any suggestions greatly received.

Many Thanks
Craig

4 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Dec 11 '10, 8:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Look for things like archived categories or team areas...

permanent link
Craig Newman (112) | answered Dec 13 '10, 10:54 a.m.

Hi Rafik,
Thanks for your suggestion it prompted me to look at archived team areas. And yes there a number of archived team areas under which defects were originally raised.

This prompted me to look at the preview results from BIRT. My report is uses table WORKITEM_STATES; it seems that defects opened against a Team Area now archived keeps the original Team Area name, although the defect has been reassigned to a new Team Area.

Aside: I see that table LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT does correctly show the new Team Area name.

Hence it makes me speculate (not sure how to prove yet) RTC report does not render work items (in my case defects) that are assigned to archived Team Area.

Any further thoughts appreciated. Cheers Craig

permanent link
Craig Newman (112) | answered Dec 14 '10, 11:48 a.m.

Hi Rafik,
Thanks for your suggestion it prompted me to look at archived team areas. And yes there a number of archived team areas under which defects were originally raised.

This prompted me to look at the preview results from BIRT. My report is uses table WORKITEM_STATES; it seems that defects opened against a Team Area now archived keeps the original Team Area name, although the defect has been reassigned to a new Team Area.

Aside: I see that table LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT does correctly show the new Team Area name.

Hence it makes me speculate (not sure how to prove yet) RTC report does not render work items (in my case defects) that are assigned to archived Team Area.

Any further thoughts appreciated. Cheers Craig

Confirm the above by printing out the DB table in previewer, and on server, i.e. RTC does not show work items that were originally assigned to Team Areas that are now archived.

Anyone any ideas how to make these work items visible again?

permanent link
Colin Thorne (22421619) | answered Dec 15 '10, 9:57 a.m.
I had a look at this and there is an "include archived" tickbox on the report view of the web client. If I tick this box then the report does include all the work items that were associated with archived team areas.

Similarly in the Eclipse client if you choose Show Archived (in My Filter in the Team Artifacts view) any reports launched from the Eclipse client will also include the work items associated with archive team areas.

Does anyone know if there is a way of changing the report itself to always include archived work items? It would be clearer in this case if everyone looking at the report saw the same results without having to select this option.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.