It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unload performance

Christer Palm (5641) | asked Dec 07 '10, 11:35 a.m.
Hello!

We're evaluating RTC 3.0 and are experiencing slow performance with unload in Eclipse. It seems that doing an unload/disconnect and then deleting the related Eclipse project(s) is much faster than simply doing unload/delete. For large sandboxes, this becomes quite annoying.
As far as I can tell, unload/delete is just a convenience shortcut of doing it discretely, and should thus have similar performance?

Best regards,
Christer Palm

3 answers

permanent link
Erik anderson (38315029) | answered Jan 20 '11, 9:01 a.m.
We are experiencing the same thing (with 2.0.0.2 ifix 5). Are there any plans to address unload performance?

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Jan 21 '11, 9:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We do not currently have any defect reports that indicate that unloading has issues. You may want to open a work item about the issue and describe the details of your setup (e.g. number of projects and files involved, etc).

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Feb 16 '11, 11:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello!

We're evaluating RTC 3.0 and are experiencing slow performance with unload in Eclipse. It seems that doing an unload/disconnect and then deleting the related Eclipse project(s) is much faster than simply doing unload/delete. For large sandboxes, this becomes quite annoying.
As far as I can tell, unload/delete is just a convenience shortcut of doing it discretely, and should thus have similar performance?

Best regards,
Christer Palm

Hi guys, I have created a defect work item here: http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=51045#51045

Can you please add a comment in that work item describing your current setup?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.