It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

inline project warning does not fail calling step

Aruljothi Sivakurunathan (31108) | asked Dec 03 '10, 2:39 a.m.
Dear Friends,

I have been facing an issue where an inline project completes with a warning does not fail the calling step which is required for our requirement.

My requirement in details below

1) We have four separate projects each should run in sequence only if the previous one succeeds. I have followed below approach to accomplish above requirements
2) Each of the above project has few steps which will halt on failure and rest continue on failure
3) For those steps which continue on failure shows warning status if that step fails
4) There is a wrapper project which has four steps (all set to halt on failure) and each inlines corresponding project described above
5) Now all is well in following scenarious
- all steps in inline project succeeds
- steps which halts on failure fails
6) Issue arises when on of the steps (continues on failure) on inline project fails as it does not set the failure status for the called step which means it proceeds with the execution of next step against expectation.

There could be other ways to accomplish above requirements like calling each dependent project as a pass chain of respective project, but that will not give us a wholistic view which we wanted.

Thanks in advance,
Aruljothi.S

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.