It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Development license expired on dec 01

tibor herczeg (161) | asked Dec 02 '10, 8:59 a.m.
Hi!

I'm trying to develop a component for RTC and since 3.0 was released i was updating my target platform to RTC 3.0 SDK.
I have followed the instructions how to create test rtc database and how to start the test rtc server 3.0 version, was working fine. It was all right until the 1st of December.
Now i can't deploy the predefined process templates nor create new project area. I get the following exception:

The user has a license that would normally allow this operation, but the server license has expired. You can install a permanent server license to re-enable this operation.ID CRJAZ1304I
com.ibm.team.repository.common.LicenseNotGrantedException

I tried adding the RTC 3.0 license update site to the target platform and also to the launch configuration but it didn't help. Recreating the test database didn't help. It still shows that the license has expired.

I have copied the following data from the server's license key management web ui:

Product Jazz Development
Description CRJAZ1236I A development time license is being used.
Maximum Users 10
Users with Counted Licenses 0
Expired On December 1, 2010 (1 day ago)
Default Client Access License Key None

I have also copied the status summary page from the server's web ui:

Change and Configuration Management - Core Libraries 3.0 (RTC-I20101112-1731)
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 3.0 (RJF-I20101112-0630)

Any suggestion how can i expand the development license period?

Tibor

11 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Dec 05 '10, 12:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Try grabbing the '10-Free Developers License Activation Kit' at
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0?p=allDownloads
(under 'License Keys'), extract it, and install it via the admin web UI's license management page. The readme file has more instructions.

permanent link
tibor herczeg (161) | answered Dec 06 '10, 7:09 a.m.
Try grabbing the '10-Free Developers License Activation Kit' at
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0?p=allDownloads
(under 'License Keys'), extract it, and install it via the admin web UI's license management page. The readme file has more instructions.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.
I have tried installing it at the server license (by clicking Edit) and the result is the following status information at the client access licenses:

Inactive (The "Developer" client access license type is not compatible with the "Jazz Development null" server license edition. Install a compatible client access license or change the server license key.)

And the server license didn't change. It still shows:

Product Jazz Development
Description CRJAZ1236I A development time license is being used.
Maximum Users 10
Users with Counted Licenses 0
Expired On December 1, 2010 (5 days ago)
Default Client Access License Key None

Any other suggestions?

Thansk in advance,
Tibor

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Dec 06 '10, 8:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry, my mistake, I missed that you were talking about the server license, not the client license.

Which artifact did you download for the server? Is it the production server or a development one from the SDK? If the latter, can you try with the actual 3.0 server?

permanent link
Dong Young Kim (1931920) | answered Dec 06 '10, 8:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have the same problem here. The expired server was setup in jetty server - look at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCSDK20_DevelopmentEnvironmentSetup for more detail - and ran Create RTC Test Database.launch.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Dec 06 '10, 10:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What do you have selected as your target platform? For the development version of Jetty, the expiry date is hard-wired in LicenseService (in 2.x) or AbstractLicenseService (in 3.0). If you're compiling against source, try searching for something like:
Calendar calendar = Calendar.getInstance();
calendar.set(2010, 11, 1);

If you're compiling against one of the p2 targets, just ensure it's the latest from Foundation, as the expiry date has been updated in the latest.

permanent link
tibor herczeg (161) | answered Dec 07 '10, 3:14 a.m.
Sorry, my mistake, I missed that you were talking about the server license, not the client license.

Which artifact did you download for the server? Is it the production server or a development one from the SDK? If the latter, can you try with the actual 3.0 server?
I have downloaded the one from https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0/RTC-SDK-3.0.zip . And just to make sure i have reextracted the SDK package and set it again as target platform and recreated the databse with the /com.ibm.team.sdk.launches/launches/ Create RTC Test Database.launch . But unfortunatelly it still sais that the license has expired. Maybe i have to download again the SDK? Maybe it has changed since the day 3.0 was released?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Dec 07 '10, 9:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The problem is that the SDK does not include a server license. It's relying on the hardwired date, which is only used for internal development, and that has expired. It's been fixed in the latest Foundation Stable stream, but the 3.0 release still has the old date.

I've asked someone from the Repository team if there's a workaround.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Dec 07 '10, 9:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
One option would be to import the source for the com.ibm.team.repository.service plugin, and edit AbstractLicenseService.

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Dec 07 '10, 1:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The best way to fix the problem with the expired development license is to ensure that your development time server is using the license keys that are packaged with the server install.

To do that, you can include the plugin from server/conf/jts/sites/product-rtc-standalone-activation/plugins/com.ibm.team.licensing.product.rtc-standalone_0.9.9.jar in your server launch configuration. That will force the server to preload the server and CAL keys into your development server.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Dec 07 '10, 2:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.