It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Require to track the history of a field in a workitem

Pavithra Kasturirangan (42955956) | asked Dec 02 '10, 7:24 a.m.
The requirement is that, the change is a particular field is very vital and even though the field change is restricted to a particular role, any change to that field has to be notified and tracked.

Say, there is a field by name "Delivery Date" . This field can be modified only by people belonging to a particular role. Now, if someone would change the "Delivery Date", it goes unnoticed, unless i get into the history of the workitem ( Reviewing history tab for number of work items is not possible,any field change will trigger the mail, however, the requirement is to get notified only on a particular field change only)

Another workaround that i can think of is to have the primary field read-only once the initial data is entered. Any revision then to be made to the revision field(new field) later. Atleast i get the original field value from the first field to run my reports.

Can someone guide me on how to use BIRT report to capture the old value of a field and the latest value of the same field after modification?

Any direction on how to get the history of a particular field would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.