It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copying Projects, Users from one server to another

Simon Tong (1653) | asked Nov 29 '10, 10:44 a.m.
Hi

We have some projects hosted in Server 1 that need to be moved to another Server (Server2).
I need to copy projects and users defined in Server 1 to Server 2. As Server 2 already hosts some users and projects, I do not want to overwrite these users and projects.

Version used: 2.0.0.2 Ifix4
No LDAP.
Tomcat + DB2 in use.

I have tried repotool.sh -export on server1 followed by an repotol.sh -import on the server2. However, the operation overwrites the projects and users on server2 whereas I would like to also keep the users and projects already defined.

Has anyone solved this problem ?

rgds

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Nov 29 '10, 2:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

We have some projects hosted in Server 1 that need to be moved to another Server (Server2).
I need to copy projects and users defined in Server 1 to Server 2. As Server 2 already hosts some users and projects, I do not want to overwrite these users and projects.

Version used: 2.0.0.2 Ifix4
No LDAP.
Tomcat + DB2 in use.

I have tried repotool.sh -export on server1 followed by an repotol.sh -import on the server2. However, the operation overwrites the projects and users on server2 whereas I would like to also keep the users and projects already defined.

Has anyone solved this problem ?

rgds

Hi

This is not possible at the moment - work on this is being tracked on:

http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=93151

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.