It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Relative size of CCM/JTS Databases

Martin Erzberger (131199) | asked Nov 29 '10, 9:19 a.m.
In RTC 3.0, we need to set-up two databases for the CCM/JTS combination.
-> What is the relative size of these databases?

Reason for asking is that our DBAs don't like "autoextend", so I have to commit to a tablespace size right now. The total disk size is limited to 30GB, so I wonder how much I should give to which database.

Thanks for any recommendation!

Best regards, Martin

3 answers

permanent link
Wagner Arnaut (1162714) | answered Jan 25 '11, 8:47 p.m.
Hi Martin,

did you get any answer to this topic. I am facing the same issue with Database Administrators.

We are using Oracle database.

Do you have any metric?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Wagner Arnaut

Reason for asking is that our DBAs don't like "autoextend", so I have to commit to a tablespace size right now. The total disk size is limited to 30GB, so I wonder how much I should give to which database.

Best regards, Martin

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 27 '11, 12:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I asked around if we had any data. What I got back is this:

We have been using JTS servers for the past 6 months only. From the largest set of servers we have a
3.5 GB JTS database is supporting 160 GB RTC server and a 4 GB RQM server.

While it is impossible to say this is a typical ratio, it is at least something to start with.

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi Martin,

did you get any answer to this topic. I am facing the same issue with Database Administrators.

We are using Oracle database.

Do you have any metric?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Wagner Arnaut

Best regards, Martin

permanent link
Ritchie Schacher - IBM (47611) | answered Jan 27 '11, 7:55 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For RTC 3.0, the ratio is marginally significant. Probably the biggest factors to consider will be how many licensed users you have. For a benchmark, the set of servers Ralph refers to have 69000 users. Another factor is how many dashboards are created, as those are ultimately stored in the JTS.

Now, when RRC 3.0 is released and included in such setup, the JTS will require significantly more space as all RRC resources are stored in the JTS.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.